Badger Meter Incorporated’s Hedland Flow Meters are for air or compressed gas systems. This air flow meter family is designed for use across pneumatic systems in applications from industrial compressed air to the production floor in automotive plants & shops. With a variety of end fittings such as NPT, SAE and ISO in different material types aluminum, stainless steel and brass. This wide range of alloy selections allows for applications from relatively inert dry compressed air to corrosive gases such as hydrogen chloride or sulfur dioxide. Additionally, the Hedland Flow Meter can be used in monitoring compressor efficiencies and pneumatic tool usage.
The Hedland Air Flow Meter is a variable area (rotameter) measuring device. In some cases it may be referred to as a rotometer. This type of rotameter flow meter has an orifice located within the piston assembly and forms an annular opening with the contoured metering cone. The piston assembly carries a cylindrical PPS-ceramic magnet that is magnetically coupled to an external flow indicator that moves precisely, in direct response to movement of the piston. A calibrated spring opposes flow in the forward direction. This spring decreases viscosity sensitivity and allows the flow meter to be used in any position, including inverted.
– No electronics needed to obtain a reading
– Can be installed in any position or orientation without effecting accuracy
– The most readable product in its class
– Does not require special plumbing or accessories to stabilize turbulent flow
– Magnetic coupling eliminates the need for mechanical linkages that wear, loosen and leak over the functional life of competitive meters
– 360° rotatable guard/scale
– Easier-to-read linear scale
– No flow straighteners or special piping required
– Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
– Our Hedland Rotameters provide an economical solution for operators needing a quick, visual indication of flow, without the use of additional electronics or tools.