Slurry flow measurement requires high quality flow technology. Flow meters designed for slurries depend on several factors:
– The flow velocity and profile. A balance of keeping solids moving, but not too fast.
– The amount of solids in the carrier fluid.
– The solids properties in the carrier fluid. They vary in many qualities including shape and size.
– Chemical composition of the fluid. Liners for corrosive fluids.
– Solid Abrasiveness. Rough solids cause system noise that interferes with the measurement. Abrasiveness liners can be used if needed.