Here you'll find answers to many of the more popular questions related to our General & Calibration Gas Warranty Policies.
What is your Warranty Policy?
All warranty claims are handled based on the manufacturer’s warranty policy.
Important Notice for Warranty Returns: For the safety of our employees, any product that has been placed in service must be cleaned and/or decontaminated prior to being returned to ShopCross.
- All returned products must be issued a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number prior to return shipment. Contact us to begin the RMA request process. After review and approval of the information you provided in the RMA Request Form, we will provide RMA number. Unauthorized and/or unmarked returns will not be honored. All returned products must be conspicuously labeled with the assigned RMA number and accompanied with a copy of the sales order or invoice & our completed RMA Form. A decontamination statement (where applicable) must be completed, signed and attached to the outside of the packing in order to be accepted by our shipping/receiving department.
- Regardless of condition, products must be packaged appropriately, so as not to incur any physical damage during return shipping. Failure to do so may invalidate both the RMA and the warranty (if applicable).
What is your Calibration Gas Warranty Policy?
Warranty periods vary from 2 to 24 months depending on the gas, mixture and concentrations. Because of the return restrictions imposed by the shippers, it is virtually impossible to evaluate defective cylinders at the factory for warranty purposes.
- If you believe you have a warranty issue with any gas cylinder purchased from ShopCross.com or Cross Company, please contact usto request a warranty replacement for calibration gas.
- After we receive your request, we will first determine if the cylinder is still within the published warranty period and if the problem is determined to be a valid warranty issue, an identical replacement cylinder will be shipped to you, direct from the factory at no charge to you.
- Do not return cylinders to the factory without prior authorization, they may determine that analysis is required and will advise the Return Process.
- Under no circumstance should gas cylinders (new or used) be shipped to Cross Company. Any item considered to be hazardous material by the respective carrier(s) will be refused at our dock and returned to you at your expense.